- Description: This is a layout for a business card and stationery designed for my mother’s personal cake decorating business.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): I used Adobe Illustrator to create the logo used on both projects. Then I used Adobe InDesign to create the layouts. It was a challenge to change and adjust between the two programs, especially when trying to work with the same colors. I invested a lot of time into revising my project. I worked really hard on alignment and adding necessary information that would be consistent on both the card and stationery. I also worked really hard on simplifying my design. Originally the cake had more lines, and the flagged banner was only an added design element on the stationery, but I was able to bring out the company name more by using the flagged banner in the logo.
- Message: This is designed to communicate a fun, cute, creative and professional small business. It’s very simple, which expresses a refinement in design for this particular wedding cake decorator.
- Audience: This is a design for a younger, more modern audience, between 19 and 30.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned a lot about alignment and simplicity, as well as gestalt, in order to tie all the details into one cohesive package.
- Color scheme and color names: A loose triadic color scheme of “red, blue, yellow” interpreted into pink, teal, and ivory/buff.
- Title Font Name & Category: DK Douceur, Decorative
- Copy Font Name & Category: Slabo 27px, Slab Serif