Description: This is a logo project for a floral shop in my hometown.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): For this project, I started with several sketches and ideas. I used Adobe Illustrator to bring to life 3 of my sketches. My final design ended up mixing ideas from a couple of designs. I decided to use a lot of repetition of flowers, vines and leaves, and made it feel very organic in rhythm. This brings visual attention to frame the name of the store. I tried to make it equally modern and traditional to appeal to a younger audience while maintaining the older customers.
- Message: This is to advertise Rexburg Floral as a more modern florist – a revival of their dated logo. The organic flowers and vines balanced with the contrasting typography attempts to reach the older customers and a newer, younger consumer.
- Audience: The floral pattern and script reach to the older generation, but more youthful color scheme and typography reaches to the younger adult audience.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned about communicating to a new audience, picking legible typography, and how you can create a design using a hybrid of ideas.
- Color Scheme and Color Names: Analogous – green, teal, and blue
- Title / Body Font Names & Categories: ATO Bondoluo Peek, sans serif / LillyBelle, script