- Description: A promotional flier for a leadership conference for graduating students.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): I started with pencil to paper, sketching different layout ideas. I decided on one that was simple and utilized both contrast and whitespace. I brought the idea to Adobe InDesign, which, while new to me, went fairly painless because of the simplicity of my design. When I completed my first draft, two friends gave me similar feedback, that perhaps my hierarchy could be improved. That’s when I went back to InDesign and shifted the elements on the page. I brought the title to the top, rather than under the black banner, made the photo, banner, and logo smaller, and put more emphasis into making the body more legible and clear in communicating the purpose of the conference. This resulted in a design that utilizes white space, contrast, alignment, and a clear hierarchy.
- Message: The message is meant to indicate that this conference will be an opportunity to learn and develop leadership skills that will benefit graduating students as they seek positions in the business world.
- Audience: Graduating students ages 22-30.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned about hierarchy, and what was most important to communicate.
- Title Font Name & Category: Constantine, Old Style
- Copy Font Name & Category: Geosans Serif, Sans Serif
- Links to images used in this project: Logo: https://130.commbyui.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/VouantLogo2.png | Photo: https://130.commbyui.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/JuliePeterson-Leadership-conference-business-rexburg-Idaho_7528-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg